Find the Best Protein Powder
Dosage: 20g within 45 minutes before workout and 20-40g within 30 minutes after workout.
Top 3 Best Whey Protein
|Hydro Whey||100% Whey||Combat Powder|
Top 3 Best Weight Gainers
|Pro Complex||Serious Mass||True Mass|
Casein protein acts the opposite as whey. It is a very slow digesting protein. This allows for a long term slow absorption of amino acids protecting the muscles from breaking down. Supplementing with both Whey and Casein enhances muscle growth more than just taking one.
Dosage: 10-20g mixed with post workout whey and 20-40g right before bed.
Top 3 Best Casein Protein
|100% Casein||Elite Casein||Casein Core|
Competitive Bodybuilder Layne Norton with a PHD In Nutritional Science Clarifies Protein Myths.
1.You can only absorb 30 grams of protein in a meal.
- Absorption is the incorrect terminology because we can absorb as much as we eat whether its 30g or 200g.
- People really want to know the amount of protein that would max out our anabolic response. In other words how much protein will be used for muscle building.
- Anabolic response maxes out at around 30-40 grams with high quality whey.
2. Protein is bad for your kidneys.
- This stems from people who have kidney problems and are told to eat low protein diets. Amino acids found in meat have nitrogen which is toxic and is disposed of through the kidneys in urine. High protein diets have been proven to have no negative effects on a healthy person’s kidneys.
- As a matter of fact, people with kidney failure and low protein diets have impaired kidney repair. Even 250 grams of protein a day doesn’t harm your kidney or liver.
3. Protein is bad for your liver.
- A lot of people on high protein diets have elevated liver enzymes and creatinine levels. This is used as an indicator for kidney failure but does not directly mean you actually have kidney problems for liver failure .
- People with more muscle naturally have elevated creatinine and blood urea nitrogen. People can’t accurately tell if kidney failure exists from just looking at the blood.
- Most doctors just look at these markers in the blood but they should also look at a kidney function test to be sure. People with healthy livers show no proof that negative effects occur from protein.
4. China Study …Not a study just a correlation study…People who ate more meat have higher rates of cancer…
- The reason high protein or meat is associated with cancer is diets high in meat are high in fat and calories. People who eat more meat often eat more calories.
- People who eat more meat often eat less vegetables and less fiber, increasing the rate of colon cancer.
- People who eat more meat tend to exercise less.
- People who eat more meat ingest more charred portions of meat which are carcinogenic…just cut off the charred portions.
5. Incorrect Vegetarian claims…
-We aren’t meant to eat meat.
- We have canine teeth that are there strictly for eating meat.
-We don’t have the enzymes to metabolize meat.
- Enzymes that metabolize meat: Pepsin, Trypsin, and Chymotrypsin.
-We can only digest 4 ounces of meat per day
- If you can only digest 4 ounces of meat at a time you would have diarrhea every time you ate more than that…not true
Summary of the Summary
Anabolic response maxes out around 30-40 grams.
High protein diets have been proven to have no negative effects on a healthy person’s kidneys.
Meat has no more association with cancer than carbohydrates and fats.
High protein diets elevate the same markers that are used to indicate liver failure but this does not mean people actually have liver failure.
Meat is falsely accused for causing cancer. People who eat more meat often eat less vegetables, less fiber, exercise less, and have high calorie fatty diets.
Some vegetarians have a false sense of how the body handles meat.